This is another great side-dish that is perfect to make when you are roasting something in the oven.
You can use any cooking fat that you have – I happened to use lard in this, but beef tallow, coconut oil or even olive oil would work perfectly well.
This recipe is 100% AIP compliant.
Rosemary Roasted Roots
- 4 small beets – peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 small parsnips – peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 large carrots – peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 tbsp lard (or other cooking fat of choice) – melted
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary – chopped
- sea salt to taste
Peel and cut the vegetables so that they are all approximately the same size.
Place the veggies on a roasting tray and drizzle over the melted lard. Sprinkle over the rosemary and season with salt.
Toss the veggies, then roast them in a 350°F oven for 50 minutes until browned and tender.