In my drive to feed our family more probiotic rich food, I spent the afternoon making a range of foods and pickles.
So far, I have made:
- 1 quart jar of sauerkraut using white cabbage
- 1 quart jar of sauerkraut using a red cabbage
- 1 quart jar of lacto-fermented salsa
- 1 quart jar of ginger carrots
- 1 quart jar of lacto-fermented beets/beet kvass
- 1 quart jar of ginger-garlic radishes
- 1 quart jar of kimchee
- 1 small jar of honey-fermented garlic
- 1 quart jar and 2 pint jars of pickled watermelon rinds
- 2 quart jars of lacto-fermented lemonade.
Not bad for an afternoon’s work!
And this is what it all looks like lined up on my fermentation shelf:
The lemonade is not shown in this pic as it is located on the bookshelf below the water kefir:
And then I have my usual 3 jars of water kefir and 4 jars of kombucha that I maintain…
Lots and lots of fermented goodies!