This is a great recipe for using up leftover cooked chicken. It is fantastic in a lunch box, and great for both lunch and dinner.
I served this in lettuce leaves as a wrap for dinner… delish!
This recipe contains Bell Peppers which are an AIP stage 4 reintroduction. When reintroducing foods on the AIP, I recommend this guide.
Chicken Avocado Salad
- 1 lb cooked chicken – diced
- 2 stalks of celery – diced
- 2 avocados – peeled and diced
- 4 green onions – chopped
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper – diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds – toasted
- 1 tsp fresh thyme – chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill – chopped
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- juice 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
This is another simple, simple recipe. All you do is chop the chicken and veggies up into bite-sized pieces, toast the almonds and then mix everything together with the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Taste it and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
And to serve – you could wrap it in the leaves of a butter lettuce as I did,
you could use it to fill a hollowed out pepper or tomatoes or you could just dig in with a fork.