So here it is, the packed lunch from today:
Clockwise from the top left hand corner everyone is having:
- 1/4 of a sweet yellow pepper (sliced in to strips) with some baby carrots
- a baby cucumber sliced lengthwise into 4
- the large dipper filled with eggplant dip (baba ganoush) for dipping
- black olives (stone in), cherry tomatoes and a (peeled) hard-boiled egg
- 2 squares of extra dark (85% cocoa) chocolate in the center treat container
I am also sending a whole apple in separately in the outer pocket of the insulated bags. And water to drink in the reusable water-bottles.
In this lunch, the egg provides most of the protein, with some extra protein from the tahini in the baba ganoush. and there are plenty of healthy fats to keep everyone full (olive oil and tahini in the baba ganoush, the egg yolk and the olives). And all the veggies will be delicious dipped in that eggplant dip! And this lunch is actually a vegetarian one as well because the only animal product is the egg.